NEW MARKET, Md. – Feb. 5, 2024 – PRLog — Duffy Compliance is pleased to introduce its latest Red Flags Rule training program, which equips financial institutions with the knowledge and skills to effectively comply with the FTC’s FACT Act and safeguard customer data.
In 2011, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) began enforcing the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions (FACT) Act, which requires creditors and financial institutions to develop written identity theft prevention programs. These programs aim to find, prevent, and limit the risk of fraudulent use of personal information. As with any successful compliance initiative, highly trained employees are critical in recognizing warning signs and taking appropriate action on behalf of their customers.
Duffy Compliance Services, driven by a desire to empower financial institutions, recognized the widespread need for internal training resources and readily available external options. Duffy Compliance developed this innovative training program to address this need and equip organizations with the necessary tools and knowledge to safeguard their customers and bottom line.
This comprehensive training includes:
- Detailed analysis of identity theft types and their consequences on businesses
- Explanation of the necessary elements for a Red Flags Identity Theft Program
- Guidance for recognizing and addressing different types of red flags
- Dedicated focus on elder financial abuse
- Training materials, including a “Cheat Sheet” for identifying and investigating suspicious behavior
- Customized materials to adapt an organization’s processes to program requirements
- Live training sessions
- Future employee onboarding and refresher training recordings
Shawn Duffy, CISSP and CEO of Duffy Compliance Services, said, “We are proud to offer this new training to help financial institutes comply with the FACT Act Red Flag Rule by detecting, preventing, and mitigating identity theft.”
About Duffy Compliance Services
Duffy Compliance Services is a provider of cybersecurity assessments and compliance services to federal contractors. We are based in Frederick County, Maryland, and have served the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond since 2014. For more information, visit our website at http://www.duffycompliance.com or reach us via email at email@example.com.
PRESS CONTACT INFORMATION:
Chief Operating Officer
Duffy Compliance Services